The registration of an imported car takes about 2 months because of long wait time with the Romanian Automobile Register (RAR). They need to process the documents, authenticate the car, and finalize other bureaucratic formalities. The cost of this reached up to 350 euro.
The documents that are required in the process are:
- Your ID Card and/or company documents,
- VAT Invoice or agreement,
- RAR activity request,
- Registration Documents from the country of origin,
- Vehicle ID from the country of origin, and
- ITP proof of validity (RAR does it)